- You are here
- Our Community
- Hurricane Information
- Evacuation Tips
Evacuation Tips for the City of Aransas Pass
- Keep your vehicle in good repair with a full tank of fuel.
- Check on friends and neighbors who may have special needs.
- Prepare your disaster supplies kit now and take it with you when you evacuate.
- Secure your home quickly; evacuate when asked to do so.
- Have an out-of-area point of contact whom family and friends can call to learn your evacuation plans.
- Designate a meeting point for your family should you get separated.
- If possible, have a CB radio or other form of communication to take with you. Use it only for emergencies.
- Monitor local radio and television constantly for the latest news and information.
What to do When Officials Recommend an Evacuation
- Coordinate your departure with the people who will be traveling with you.
- Notify an out-of-area person of your evacuation plans.
- Secure your home.
- Pack your disaster supplies kit into your vehicle. Double check your evacuation route and leave.
Individuals Who Should Plan to Leave Early
- Persons living on the coast, on barrier islands, or in low-lying or flood-prone areas.
- Persons who live in manufactured housing.
- Persons with special needs - including health or mobility-related concerns
Secure Your Home
- Turn off gas, water, and electricity
- Board up windows
- Draw drapes across windows
- Brace garage doors
- Bring in outdoor furniture and other loose objects
- Anchor those items you cannot bring inside
- Place boats on trailers near your home and fill boats with water
- Lock all windows and doors
- Make arrangements for pets before leaving, because most shelters and many hotels and motels do not allow them.