Hurricane Harvey Recovery


We understand that residents want to get to work on their homes and businesses as soon as possible.  But the following MUST happen before any repairs/reconstruction begin:

  • You MUST obtain a permit for any electrical, plumbing, construction, or mechanical work.
  • To get a permit, your contractor MUST be registered with the City of Aransas Pass. 

These steps are put in place to protect you and your property.  Permit prices are based on the total cost of the work being done.  To help our residents, permits prices will be reduced 50% for plumbing, construction, and mechanical work. Electrical permits are no charge.

Our Public Works Office at 601 N. Avenue A will be open for permitting Monday-Friday from 8-5 and Saturdays from 8-1 until further notice.  

You do NOT need a permit for demolition at this time.

The City of Aransas Pass requires that all contractors working in the City be registered with our Building Department. Be advised that inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement by the City. So please continue to do your due diligence before hiring a contractor.

Current List of registered contractors by categories:

Plumbing Contractors

Electrical Contractors

Mechanical Licenses

General Contractors